Wednesday, July 13, 2011

WE AT THE CAAAMMPERRR!!!

As we slow down to turn on the road to our campround Alex says "WE AT THE CAAAMPERRR!!! Drew immediately asks to unbuckle once we are on the driveway to the camper because that, of course, allows him to jump out quicker once the truck stops.
Last year we bought a camper to park with my parents & sister's family campers. We always have alot of fun and the boys LOVE going to the camper to see my nieces & play, play, play. Last year the boys were not too into the lake. This year, however, is a different story. Drew jumps in like he has never been afraid of the lake a day in his life. We laugh that our family is stuck in the 80s and the ONLY ones that still water ski. Most everyone there is doing kneeboards or wakeboards. Not us!!! I figure it took me sooo long to learn how to ski on 2 skis that I will spend the rest of my life doing it. David wants to learn to ski on 1 and also wakeboard. I tried years ago to ski on 1 ski but I thought I was drowning because you take on so much water. After probably 2 attempts I decided I was perfectly content with skiing on 2 forever!





Our first weekend at the lake this year was Memorial Day weekend. We didn't get out on the lake because with all of the rain we had in the spring, the lake was very high and dirty. We opened up & cleaned the campers. The kids did water guns & water balloons. We took the kids to the Norfork Dam and river to let them wade in the water & play on the playground. There is something magical for my boys about throwing rocks into water!




















Their favorite things to do...make a tent in the boys' bedroom at the camper.


Happy Father's Day! The boys & I are so blessed to have such a wonderful man to call husband & daddy. We love you babe! Thank you for all you do for our family.

Happy Father's Day Pop! We love you!


Love Drew's face in this picture. He is having so much fun!







Hanging out in the cabin of the boat waiting for a storm to pass.


Pretty sure they were eating lots of snacks in there too.



Happy 4th of July







Waiting for the lake fireworks show to start and it was not a minute before 9:30.


Hannah & one of our favorite lake snacks

Love my sis and brother-in-law...







Finished the day with a bubble bath at home after watching our neighborhood fireworks with friends. What a fun weekend but we are tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment